How to practice Kapalbhati Pranayama
- Sit in a comfortable position, keeping your spine erect.
- Keep both hands on your knees and palms open to the sky.
- Take a deep breath.
- Now exhale, while pulling the navel back towards the spine.
- Let the breath flow into your lungs as you relax your abdomen and navel.
- To complete one round, take 20 such breaths.
- After you finish this round, close your eyes, try to relax, and observe the sensations.
- Repeat the activity 2 more times, i.e. 3 rounds in total.
- Benefits of Kapalbhati Pranayama-
- It aids in weight loss by increasing the metabolic rate.
- It strengthens the lungs by enhancing their capacity.
- It stimulates the abdominal organs.
- It rejuvenates the brain cells while energising the nervous system.
- Improves assimilation of nutrients, digestive tract, and absorption.
How to practice Naukasana
- Lie down on your back with arms beside your body and keep your feet together.
- Breathe in, and as you breathe out, lift your chest along with feet off the ground. Stretch your arms towards your feet.
- Your fingers, toes, and eyes should be in a line.
- As your abdominal muscles contract, feel the tension in your navel area.
- Breathe easily and deeply while maintaining the same pose.
- Now come back to the ground slowly as you exhale, and relax.
- Benefits of Naukasana
- It strengthens your abdominal muscles and back.
- Naukasana tones your arm and leg muscles.
- It is beneficial for people with Hernia.
How to practice Bhujangasana
- Lie down facing the ground with your soles facing upwards, and toes flat on the floor. Rest your forehead on the ground.
- Try keeping your legs close together, with your heels and feet lightly in contact with each other.
- Touch the ground with your palms while keeping the elbows parallel and close to your torso.
- Breathe in, and lift your abdomen, chest, and head slowly, while keeping the navel on the floor.
- With the support of your hands, try pulling your torso back and off the floor. Make sure to put equal pressure on both the palms.
- Now make an arch with your back while keeping the arms straight. Look upwards by tilting your head back.
- Breathe evenly while maintaining the pose.
- Finally bring your head, chest, and abdomen back to the floor as you breathe out, and relax.
- Repeat the same activity 4-5 times.
- Benefits of Bhujangasana
- It opens up the neck and shoulder to relieve the pain.
- It tones your abdomen.
- Bhujangasana strengthens the shoulders and entire back.
- The flexibility of the middle and upper back is also improved.
- It is quite beneficial for people suffering with respiratory disorders.
These yoga asanas are sure to bring you good health and immunity in the monsoon season. You can practice them as per your ease regularly and feel the positive change in your mind and body. Shreevarma community with the help of Yoga and Ayurveda has been helping people across the world with a healthy lifestyle. Shreevarma has been changing lives with its wide range of Ayurvedic products, naturopathy, ayurveda consultation, and more for 20 years.